[SR-Users] Configuring Kamailio as SIP Proxy

Djamel Bahamid djamel.bahamid at inserm.fr
Wed Jul 15 16:52:55 CEST 2015

Hi Daniel,

We have of a set of CODEC which are all in public IP ( DMZ), we receive
a quantity of SIP calls (flooding) as such we plan to configure Kamailio
in Proxy SIP which works with a public IP ( DMZ).

I made the following modifications in the kamailio.cfg file:

* Related requests presence handle route (PRESENCE);

if (dst_ip == (xx.xx.xx.xx.) && ($rU = ~ " ^ (5588) ")) {
route ( CODEC1);
}

if (dst_ip == (xx.xx.xx.xx) && ($rU = ~ " ^ (5589) ")) {
route ( CODEC2);
}

Where xx.xx.xx.xx is the public IP address of Kamailio, and 5588 will be
the prefix of the URI, 5588 at xx.xx.xx.xx, my question is the following one:

We can declare a variable in alphanumeric:

$U = ~ " ^ (dr.lille ) " in the place $U = ~ " ^ (5588)"

Whereas CODEC1 in this example will be the argument of the function
route (), which will be the public IP address of the concerned codec.
There will be thirty codec to be declared in this way.

Is it an optimal method ?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Djamel.