[SR-Users] kamailio as SIP Agent

Sandeep Chakravarthi ivschakravarthi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 18:51:41 CEST 2015

Hi,
We have a requirement with one of our telco
We are using asterisk in our servers and we are planning to implement SIP-I
protocol and we choosed kamailio for it.

In Kamailio website, i came to know that kamailio will be supporting both
SIP-I and SIP-T protocols

Below is what we need and pls confirm whether it is possible or not?

Asterisk PBX <-------> Kamailio <--------> Telco MSC

Telco will be forwarding the calls to kamailio on sip-i protocol and
kamailio server has to forward the calls to our Asterisk server by
converting sip-i to standard sip protocol

Similiarly Asterisk will be initiating sip call to kamailio server and
kamailio server should convert it into SIP-I and should forward the call to
Telco MSC

1.  I am able to establish the SIP trunk [sending OPTIONS from asterisk and
kamailio acknowledges with 200 OK] between Asterisk and Kamailio using
dispatcher module in kamailio and sip.conf in asterisk.

How to establish the SIP trunk between kamailio and telco MSC?
[Generally MSC will act as SIP server and kamalio should send OPTIONS
packet and MSC will acknowledges with 200 OK]

My telco MSC has only provided me the MSC SIP IP and there were no
username/passwords provided.
Means i need to use IP based authentication for the SIP Trunk establishment.

In Kamailio how to achieve it?

Please help and any suggestions/feedback will be highly appreciated and
thankful

Regards,
Sandeep