[SR-Users] sctp on Centos 7

micunek at gmail.com micunek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 09:12:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

I would like to enable and use sctp in kamailio but I do not know
exactly how to do it. It seems that documentation is a little bit
inconsistent.

1. I have Centos 7 and kamailio installed from repositories.
2. I set loadmodule "sctp" in kamailio.cfg
3. I got this error:

Jul  9 08:08:54 kamailio: : sctp [sctp_mod.c:99]: mod_register(): sctp
core support not enabled
Jul  9 08:08:54 kamailio: ERROR: <core> [sr_module.c:600]:
load_module(): /usr/lib64/kamailio/modules/sctp.so: mod_register
failed
Jul  9 08:08:54 cw-aio kamailio: : <core> [cfg.y:3432]: yyerror_at():
parse error in config file /etc/kamailio_pcscf/kamailio.cfg, line 230,
column 12-17: failed to load module

4. I checked mod_register() function and found out that USE_SCTP should be set.
5. kamailio -V did not show USE_SCTP

6. Next I tried to compile kamailio sources from 4.3 branch
make include_modules="db_mysql tls sctp" SCTP=1 cfg
make all

7. Still the same problem  "mod_register(): sctp core support not enabled"
8. Then I added USE_SCTP to  C_DEFS  and compile again. This attempt
was successfull. I was able to see USE_SCTP in kamailio -V  output.

Questions:
1. What is the right procedure to enable sctp in kamailio?
2. Why the -DUSE_SCTP was not used when SCTP=1 was used. According to
documentation:

"The core Makefile variable SCTP must be set to 1 (which is by default
set to 1 in Makefile.defs) and sources compiled with -DUSE_SCTP
(automatically set when SCTP=1). In other words, if core Makefiles are
not changed and SCTP variable is not overwritten from command line,
then the SCTP support in core is enabled."

Regards,
Peter