[SR-Users] Kamailio as radius server

Salman Zafar msalman212 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:49:04 CEST 2015

Hi Ali,

I understand what you wanted to ask, but you didn't quite put it in correct
words.

Kamailio server can act as a Radius client which means it can be integrated
with a Radius Server. Kamailio itself is not a Radius server you may have
to look for options opensource or propriety for Radius servers.

So a radius client provisioned SIP server can send AAA packets to a
connected Radius server based on call start, end or custom packets, and
communicate through AVPs and SIP Radius dictionary.

Hope that answers the question.

Cheers

Salman

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 9:36 PM, Ali Taher <ataher at vanrise.com> wrote:

> Any advise regarding the below would be appreciated.
>
> BR,
> Ali
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 8, 2015, at 2:20 AM, Ali Taher <ataher at vanrise.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm wondering if kamailio can act as radius server who's responsible of
> authentication,authorization and accounting, where kamailio receive
> accounting record types (start-stop-interim) and write them in a database.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ali

Regards

M. Salman Zafar