[SR-Users] Moving from haproxy to db_cluster

Jan Hazenberg jenus at cyberchaos.nl
Wed Jul 8 11:02:44 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have a question about the db_cluster module. We are currently using a
galera mysql cluster from severalnines, in this setup haproxy is
installed on the kamailio nodes handling the database failover.

The question is if a database node fails and the TCP connection breaks
the sql query will probably fail when using haproxy since it is not
aware of the query. Will the db_cluster module send the query to the
next available mysql node in the cluster without a failing query? If
thats the case i should not notice the failing dbnode in my kamailio
script.

In other words, will there be a advantage in using the db_cluster module
instead of haproxy?

Thanks,

Jan Hazenberg