[SR-Users] Diameter sorce/destination port

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 23:55:42 CEST 2015

Hello,

diameter uses tcp and by design the source port of a tcp connection
cannot be ensured.

One can try to bind local socket for opening a connection, but that is
not guaranteed to happen, the kernel can overwrite and select another
available port. TCP is connection oriented communication with one-to-one
stream relation between source and destination, there cannot be two
connections with same source ip/port and same destination ip/port. IIRC,
there was another discussion on this list about similar topic with tcp
connection, which got some references to resources online. Not sure it
can be spotted quickly in the archive, but searching on the web should
reveal appropriate information on the topic.

On 03/07/15 15:55, micunek at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to use Cx (Diameter) interface via TCP  towards our HSS
> according to Carsten Bock example.
>
> However kamailio client obtain TCP RST from HSS because a kamailio
> source port is different than port where kamailio is listen. I do not
> know if this is Diameter/Cx requirement or not. I did not find it in
> specifications. Is there any way how to ensure that kamailio use same
> port number for source and destination (3869)?.
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <DiameterPeer
>         FQDN="...3gppnetwork.org <http://3gppnetwork.org>"
>         Realm="...3gppnetwork.org <http://3gppnetwork.org>"
>         Vendor_Id="10415"
>         Product_Name="CDiameterPeer"
>         AcceptUnknownPeers="1"
>         DropUnknownOnDisconnect="1"
>         Tc="30"
>         Workers="4"
>         QueueLength="8"
>         TransactionTimeout="5"
>         SessionsHashSize="128"
>         DefaultAuthSessionTimeout="3600"
>         MaxAuthSessionTimeout="3600"
> >
>         <Peer FQDN="hss....3gppnetwork.org <http://3gppnetwork.org>"
> Realm=".3gppnetwork.org <http://3gppnetwork.org>" port="3868"/>
>
>         <Acceptor port="3869" />
>
>         <Auth id="16777216" vendor="10415"/> <!--3GPP CxDX -->
>
>         <Realm name="....3gppnetwork.org <http://3gppnetwork.org>">
>                 <Route FQDN="hss...3gppnetwork.org
> <http://3gppnetwork.org>" metric="10"/>
>         </Realm>
>
>         <DefaultRoute FQDN="hss.....3gppnetwork.org
> <http://3gppnetwork.org>" metric="10"/>
> </DiameterPeer>
>
> Thanks
> Peter