[SR-Users] GeoIP Module and IPv6 seems not to match

Jöran Vinzens vinzens at sipgate.de
Tue Jan 27 10:18:36 CET 2015

Hi All,

i'm trying to get GEO IP Location for an IPv6 Setup.
We downloaded the GeoLiteCityv6.dat from maxmind and referred to it in
modparams of geoip.

If i now place a call from an V6 User and do something like:

if(geoip_match("$si", "src")) {
                xlog("L_NOTICE", "Call comes from IP '$si' ($gip(src=>cc))
CID=$ci F=$fU URI=$ru\n");
                append_hf("X-GeoIP: $gip(src=>cc)\r\n");
}

it will not match for any reason

if i xlog the src IP it look like: "Src IP = 2A01:abc:321:123:0:0:0:2" so
it should match to the GEO IP Database.

In CSV version of geo IP database there is an entry for my IP Address.

Since the Module is not that verbose, i cannot tell whether the entry
exists or not. Just the result in my "if" is False.

Has anybody experience with GEOIP and IPv6?

thanks

Best regards,
Jöran