[SR-Users] Possible memory leak dealing with presence in kamailio

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Jan 21 21:45:28 CET 2015

Nuno Reis writes:

> Here my publisher is Kamailio itself. Can someone elaborate a bit more on
> this issue and maybe we can get to bottom of it?

when your application issues initial publish request, it does so without
SIP-If-Match header.  200 ok from presence server then contains an etag
in SIP-ETag header. when your application refreshes the publish, it must
place this etag in SIP-If-Match header to prevent presence server from
creating a new publication.

for subscribes, your application must place in re-subscribe the
same event header id param as the previous one had in order for the
presence server to know that subscribe was not a new subscription.

-- juha