[SR-Users] call control for 4.2?

Peter Villeneuve petervnv1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 15:47:44 CET 2015

Hi,

I want to experiment with the following setup and was wondering which
module(s) you all recommend.

I have a working simple kamailio 4.2 setup where registered users can only
call each other on the same domain (ie no outbound calling to PSTN or other
domains).

Now I want to explore the possibility of limiting call times for certain
users but allowing unlimited call times for others (ie user 5000's calls
are limited to 2 minutes while user 6000 has unlimited calling time).

There are some tutorials available on the internet but they seem to be
quite outdated.

Given my simple scenario, should I be looking into using the callcontrol
module and install the CDR tool from here
http://callcontrol.ag-projects.com/ (I don't really need any complex
billing scheme with various rates but rather a simple scheme were user x is
either time limited or not).

Before I dig in any further, I'd appreciate it of someone could tell me if
this is the way to go or is there's a simpler solution. Are there any
recent tutorials that I should be looking at?

Cheers,

Peter