[SR-Users] Trouble getting start time / call duration from dialog module

Will Ferrer will.ferrer at switchsoft.com
Thu Jan 15 08:03:42 CET 2015

Hi All

I am in need of being able to see what the duration of the call was at the
time of hang out.

I tried turning on the dialog module, but the result is that the values I
need are either null or always show as zero.

I tried to follow the suggestions in the thread about this here:

http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2010-October/065889.html

In the end my config looks like this:

loadmodule "dialog.so"

modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", 4)
modparam("dialog", "dlg_match_mode", 1)

request_route {
        if (is_method("INVITE") && (! has_totag() ) ) {
dlg_manage();
        }
if (is_method("BYE")) {
$var(elapsed) = ( $TV(s) - $dlg(start_ts) );
xlog ("L_INFO", "request_route DIALOG TEST: Completed $dlg(from_uri) to
$dlg(to_uri), elapsed: $var(elapsed), now seconds: $TV(s), dlg start time:
$dlg(start_ts), DLG_lifetime: $DLG_lifetime");
        }

Note that I put at the top of the request route just for testing purposes

The result I get in the log is this:

INFO: <script>: request_route DIALOG TEST: Completed
sip:willf1976Test at develop-sbc.switchsoft.com to
sip:+18054515526 at develop-sbc.switchsoft.com, elapsed: 1421305210, now
seconds: 1421305210, dlg start time: 0, DLG_lifetime: <null>

I was wondering if any one could point out to me what I have set up wrong.

Thanks in advance

All the best.

Will Ferrer
Switchsoft