[SR-Users] pua_subscribe and force_send_socket trouble

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sun Jan 11 06:41:17 CET 2015

Mikko Lehto writes:

> Here is the trouble:
> when I observe outgoing TLS traffic with tcpdump, I can see that local
> source port is not following what I set with force_send_socket(). I tried to
> place force_send_socket() in request_route, branch_route, and
> tm:local-request, but it is always some random high port (>30000), never
> the intended one. I am trying to set it to same as my TLS listening
> socket.

my understanding is that force_send_socket forces outbound connection to
use a particular socket kamailio is listening at.  it does not mean that
source port would be the one of the listening socket.  in case of tcp
(and tls) the source port is always a random one.  only the destination
port can be predetermined.

-- juha