[SR-Users] Dispatcher Failover algorithm

Yuriy Gorlichenko ovoshlook at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 00:31:12 CET 2015

Priority bassed? I've read about all algorithms of disatcher and can not
find that anone use priority...

   -

   “0” - hash over callid
   -

   “1” - hash over from URI.
   -

   “2” - hash over to URI.
   -

   “3” - hash over request-URI.
   -

   “4” - round-robin (next destination).
   -

   “5” - hash over authorization-username (Proxy-Authorization or "normal"
   authorization). If no username is found, round robin is used.
   -

   “6” - random (using rand()).
   -

   “7” - hash over the content of PVs string. Note: This works only when
   the parameter hash_pvar is set.
   -

   “8” - use first destination (good for failover).
   -

   “9” - use weight based load distribution. You have to set the attribute
   'weight' per each address in destination set.
   -

   “10” - use call load distribution. You have to set the attribute 'duid'
   (as an unique string id) per each address in destination set. Also, you
   must set parameters 'dstid_avp' and 'ds_hash_size'.

   The algorithm can be used even with stateless proxy mode, there is no
   SIP dialog tracking depending on other modules, just an internal
   lightweight call tracking by Call-Id, thus is fast and suitable even for
   embedded systems.

   The first destination selected by this algorithm is the one that has the
   least number of calls associated. The rest of the destination list is taken
   in order of the entries in set - anyhow, until a re-route to next
   destination happens, the load on each address can change.

   This algorithm can be used only for dispatching INVITE requests as it is
   the only SIP method creating a SIP call.
   -

   “X” - if the algorithm is not implemented, the first entry in set is
   chosen.