[SR-Users] Kamailio fails to generate core dump

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Jan 3 23:22:51 CET 2015

Thanks, Ovidiu. But since the message "core was not generated" comes
from handle_sigs() in Kamailio, what I am really interested is in what
reason Kamailio itself would have for not dumping core. I assume that
the situation would look different if Kamailio tried to dump core, but
was restrained from doing so by operating system factors such as ulimits.

 From main.c:handle_sigs(), it appears that the log message came from here:

#ifdef WCOREDUMP
... LM_ALERT("core was %sgenerated\n", WCOREDUMP(chld_status) ?  "" :
"not " );
#endif

WCOREDUMP() as I understand it allows one to examine the return code of
a dead child to determine if it returned a core dump. Is further
information available in such a case, like a kind of errno for such cases?

-- Alex