[SR-Users] Dialog order of operations

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Feb 26 20:49:25 CET 2015

Hi,

The dialog module documentation remains unclear about the order of
operations with regard to when to call dlg_manage() or set the
transaction flag.

My impression is that dlg_manage() only registered TM callbacks, so it
doesn't matter when you call it, as long as it's before t_relay().
However, the documentation neither confirms nor denies this.

So, this raises the questions:

1) Is this okay?

    set_dlg_profile("caller", "$fU");
    dlg_manage();
    t_relay();

Or do I need to do this?

    dlg_manage();
    set_dlg_profile("caller", "$fU");
    t_relay();

2) What about setting dialog-persistent variables? Is this okay?

    $dlg_var(account_id) = 49555;
    dlg_manage();

If so, where does the variable go if I never call dlg_manage() because
the call is aborted beforehand, e.g.

    $dlg_var(account_id) = 49555;

    sl_send_reply("403", "Forbidden");
    exit;

    dlg_manage();

    t_relay();

3) Any other gotchas or caveats in relation to the order of operations?

I suppose my preference would be to set the dialog profiles in various
places throughout call processing and call dlg_manage() at the very end,
right before t_relay(). Is this acceptable?

Thanks,

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal