[SR-Users] db_mysql module compile error

jaflong jaflong jaflong at yandex.com
Wed Feb 25 14:19:20 CET 2015

On compiling I get this error

km_dbase.c:38:25: fatal error: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
 #include <mysql/mysql.h>
                         ^

I have installed mysql using the standard install from tar.gz binary

This places the prefix for install in /usr/local/mysql
the include dir is /usr/local/mysql/include

result of running mysql_config --include is

-I/usr/local/mysql/include

#ls /usr/local/mysql/include

big_endian.h                 little_endian.h  my_config.h  my_pthread.h        mysql.h            plugin.h                    typelib.h
byte_order_generic.h         m_ctype.h        my_dbug.h    mysql               mysql_time.h       plugin_validate_password.h
byte_order_generic_x86_64.h  m_string.h       my_dir.h     mysql_com.h         mysql_version.h    sql_common.h
byte_order_generic_x86.h     my_alloc.h       my_getopt.h  mysql_com_server.h  my_sys.h           sql_state.h
decimal.h                    my_attribute.h   my_global.h  mysqld_ername.h     my_xml.h           sslopt-case.h
errmsg.h                     my_byteorder.h   my_list.h    mysqld_error.h      plugin_audit.h     sslopt-longopts.h
keycache.h                   my_compiler.h    my_net.h     mysql_embed.h       plugin_ftparser.h  sslopt-vars.h

as listed the header files a here

I notice mysql.h in in /usr/local/mysql/include and not in the sub directory (/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql)

Any suggestion on how to get this compiled