[SR-Users] Regarding RTP in IMS Networks.

Badri Ranganathan badri at arcatech.com
Tue Feb 24 16:13:07 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have a doubt w.r.t media traffic in IMS Networks.
If I have a setting as follows -

User 1 Making the call + plays RTP Traffic

User 2 Answering the call + records the RTP Traffic coming from User 1 and does a PESQ voice quality analysis

I see that User 2 has to play RTP Traffic before it can start recording the RTP coming from user 1.

i.e., User 2 Answering the call + (Play RTP Traffic ) + records the RTP Traffic coming from User 1 and does a PESQ voice quality analysis.

Why am I seeing this behaviour. Is it just a setting in the IMS network that can be changed or is it a standard behaviour in IMS Networks ? If yes, then could anyone please let me know the logic behind such a decision?

Please do let me know if you have any ideas. Any responses  really appreciated !

Thanks,
Badri.