[SR-Users] Re-invites from carrier breaks the call

Will Ferrer will.ferrer at switchsoft.com
Sat Feb 21 01:39:26 CET 2015

Hi Alex

Please see my responses below.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
wrote:

> Hi Will,
>
> On 02/20/2015 07:24 PM, Will Ferrer wrote:
>
>  It seems that if I didn't pass it in the supported header then the
>> carrier shouldn't be sending me the timer refreshes anyway.
>>

> Indeed not, and that's what I was trying to say in my response yesterday.

Oh yes, I noted it there as well and then saw it also in the document I
referenced. Thank you for the information.

> First, don't confuse the OpenSIPS and Kamailio SST modules, even though
> they do appear to be identical. Still, two different projects.

My apologizes, my google search grabbed me the wrong project. The real one
is here, incase any one is referencing this thread:
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/modules_k/sst.html

> Second, if you read this documentation, you'll find that nowhere in there
> exists the capability for Kamailio to initiate SST reinvites itself. All
> this module provides is policing for the SE value and the ability to peg
> dialog state to it by making Kamailio SST-aware--that is, aware of
> SST-motivated reinvites that still very much have to be initiated by the
> endpoints themselves.

I see what you mean.

Perhaps what I could do with the module is set a long minimum timeout, long
enough that it would allow our calls to complete before the re-invite
occurs. A messy solution but  might work in a pinch.

> In short, there's nothing you can do here except fix the endpoints.

Ok thank you for the advice. We will start testing what softphones we can
find that support the functionality.

I hope all is going well with you.

All the best.

Will