[SR-Users] Re-invites from carrier breaks the call

Will Ferrer will.ferrer at switchsoft.com
Sat Feb 21 01:24:10 CET 2015

Hi Cartsten and Alex

Thanks very much for the advice.

I knew could throw in and remove headers from the config but I was hoping
for a cleaner way of handling it with a module or something along those
lines. That said though I didn't see anything here
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4028.txt about a header that lets the
other end know you are refusing the session timer. It seems that if I
didn't pass it in the supported header then the carrier shouldn't be
sending me the timer refreshes anyway.

At this point I have 2 ideas of things to try and I was wondering if you
had any thoughts about them.

1) If you can't beat em join em -- It occurs to me that if I configure the
sst module my self (
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/sst.html#id293440), and
start sending session timers to the carrier, instead of them sending them
to me, then I can probably get around the issue of having softphones that
don't support the session timer.
2) I have tested the issue in lin phone and my partner has tested it in
jitsi. Is there another softphone that you could recommend for us and our
clients that would be able to support this feature?

Thanks for all your invaluable advice.

All the best.

Will Ferrer

Switchsoft