[SR-Users] Amazon VPS, long UDP packets are seen by sniffer, but don't reach application

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:08:18 CET 2015

> Hi,
>
> bad checksum may be caused by the virtual network adapter that does not
> perform hardware checksum. I had this issue on a kvm test setup.
>
> MTU is to be looked at, as udp does not handle very well packet
> fragmentation ( to say the least ). Could you reproduce the same issue
> using an openvpn tcp virtual link between your two servers ?

Hi, and thanks for your comment.
Will definitely try VPN, I just wonder why is it so that

> udp does not handle very well packet fragmentation ( to say the least )

? My first action was to fill a ticket at rtpengine, but developers
replied to me that this mechanism is known to be reliable, and that
they don't consider adding TCP version of interface. I haven't tested
this case on a lot of different networks, but for now this issue seems
specific to Amazon.
Anyway, will try with tunnel (which is, howevre, a workaround, not a solution).

--
Andrey Utkin