[SR-Users] Presence module for BLF issue

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 22:21:43 CET 2015

Hi community,

I'm dealing with a problem here related to presence module handling BLF. My
BLF phones are Yealink T28p with latest firmware and work perfectly with
Asterisk and FreeSwitch but not with Kamailio as expected.

What I'm observing here is a malfunctioning statuses due to accumulation of
multiple entries of just one status in "presentitiy" table. These entries
neither get expired not cleared from DB hence I see atleast 21 XML tags
combined in the NOTIFY sent to Phones.

Here is what I've figured out a manual way to make the BLF work fine again.

*Step -1* Make call between two endpoints. see entries in presentitiy table
showing up.
*Step -2* NOTIFYs sent to phones subscribing those users from Kamailio and
phones show correct flashing red BLF lights

*Step -3* clear the entries from presentity table manually i.e mysql>
truncate presentity;

*Step -4* Hangup the phones, presentity table shows few more entries with
state='terminated' NOTIFY sent again to subscribers.. BLF lighst turn green
happily.

Here are my module params:

modparam("presence", "db_url", DBURL)
modparam("presence", "notifier_processes", 1)
modparam("presence", "server_address", "sip:1.2.5.5" )
modparam("presence", "send_fast_notify", 0)
modparam("presence", "db_update_period", 1)
modparam("presence", "clean_period", 4)
modparam("presence", "subs_db_mode", 2)
modparam("presence", "max_expires", 36)
modparam("presence", "expires_offset", 10)
modparam("presence", "subs_htable_size", 12)
modparam("presence", "pres_htable_size", 12)
modparam("presence", "fetch_rows", 1000)
(these params were set as default earlier but I changed them as above
hoping they'll help)

Kindly share your expert opinion.

Best Regards,
Sammy