[SR-Users] dmq_t_replicate fails with ERROR: t_forward_nonack: no branches for forwarding

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Thu Feb 5 10:29:59 CET 2015

Hi,

On 5 Feb 2015 09:18, "Leonardo Arena" <rnalrd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On mer, 2015-02-04 at 21:15 +0000, Charles Chance wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 3 Feb 2015 10:07, "Leonardo Arena" <rnalrd at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On lun, 2015-02-02 at 17:54 +0000, Charles Chance wrote:
>
> > > [snip ]
> > >
> > >dmq.my.domain.netresolves to 10.0.0.2 which is proxy2. What I'm
> > > effectively trying to do with DNS is to avoid having a static entry
> > in
> > > configuration file as notification address. I'd like to build a
> > dynamic
> > > list of notification servers via SRV records and have DMQ honor the
> > > priority and weight of such list.
> > >

> > This will not work currently but I may have some time soon to look
> > into it. Unless someone else proposes a patch first.
> >

> Yeah, this was my conclusion too after few tests. An SRV query is
> actually sent (but only if there's an A record for the the given
> notification address), the higher priority address is chosen, but if
> this fails it never failover to a lower priority address.
>
> Also if notification server goes down, I haven't seen any attempt to
> re-contacting it in case it goes back on-line. Or may be I didn't wait
> enough time to observe it.

It should do, if the address is configured statically.

> I think it would be nice to have the information of notification servers
> in DNS SRV records. This would help in building a distributed
> infrastructure, rather than having such info in static configuration
> files, which are more suitable for clusters.

> > solution
> > > >

> > I have a patch which is working in my tests but I am waiting to hear
> > of any possible side effects. It should be in master branch shortly.
>
> I saw the patch on sr-dev. Thanks!

Did you have chance to test it yourself? With it, you do not need to call
append_branch() in config.

> - leonardo

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,
Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.