[SR-Users] Linking Kamailio to Asterisk

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Feb 5 10:04:21 CET 2015

On 04 Feb 2015, at 15:53, Brian Echesa <bechesa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kindly assist.
> I have successfully installed Kamailio and Asterisk.  Asterisk is acting as an PSTN in my case.  The trunk between Kamailio and Asterisk is up. Issue is that i can not route calls to the PSTN. I am using the default configuration
>
> version: kamailio 4.2.2 (i386/linux)
>
> OS: Debian wheezy

If you want to get help, you need to provide more details than this.

If you need commercial support to fix your issues - use the -business list and ask for help or look for companies
on the Kamailio.org web site.

On this list you need to do a bit more work to get help. Where does the call come from, how is the message routed to Kamailio and from Kamailio to Asterisk. Do you see the message in asterisk at all or doesn't it reach asterisk? Does it reach asterisk, but asterisk refuses to handle it and sends an error message?

Both Kamailio and Asterisk can be used to debug messages, so you can follow the request through your platform and see what is happening.

When you have found out where it goes wrong, then try mailing again adding more specific information that makes it easier for us to help you. Many on this list wants to help. Making it easier to pinpoint an issue by providing more details will help you get good answers.

Best regards,
/Olle