[SR-Users] Does the event_route[tm:local-request] support stateless forwarding configured in the script?

Klaus Feichtinger klaus.lists at inode.at
Mon Feb 2 14:59:01 CET 2015

Hello,

I´m searching for a way to keep track about success or failure of locally
generated SUBSCRIBE transactions, which are typically triggered by the RLS
module. In case that a subscription is rejected by the subscribee with any
negative response code or the transaction is timing out, I have to trigger a
specific action (e.g. sending a PUBLISH message to another user agent). This
seems to be not so easy....

As Kamailio does not support referencing a failure_route to locally generated
requests, I had the idea to "forward()" locally generated requests in the
event_route "tm:local-request" to itself and handle the forwarded requests in
the standard request_route, which would offer all usual options. But that seems
not to be supported / allowed by Kamailio, as I have in practical tests (1) an
outgoing request that is sent to the original Destination-URI (with a malformed
"Content-Length" SIP hdr) and (2) the second request that is sent to the manual
target (loop).

I´ve found in the mailing list that elder Kamailio versions did not support any
common way for this feature. However, can anybody give m a hint if / how this
could eventually be solved with the event_route or in any alternative route? It
seems that the Kamailio internally generated requests are still below the radar
of TM or any other route blocks except tm:local-request.....

regards,
Klaus