[SR-Users] Ro_CCR function

Shane Harrison Shane.Harrison at imgtec.com
Mon Feb 2 02:42:38 CET 2015

Hi all,

In a previous post I was alerted to the (perhaps obvious) fact that that ims_charging module is design to run within an IMS environment:
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2015-January/086675.html

I have subsequently attempted to modify the module to work with the standard usrloc Kamailio module.  I decided to branch from the 4.2.2 release rather than the master since I was unsure of the state of the ims_charging module in the master.   It now compiles fine and installs.  I also have the cdp module talking watchdog_requests to a freeDiameter server so at that level things seem OK.

However inserting the Ro_CCR() call into the kamailio cfg file shows up some problems, primarily:
Feb  2 01:05:52 hh-rcs-sipproxy3 /usr/sbin/kamailio[6473]: WARNING: usrloc [dlist.c:624]: register_udomain(): Registering a new domain called 'voip.we-rcs.flowcloud.systems' with usrloc
Feb  2 01:05:52 hh-rcs-sipproxy3 /usr/sbin/kamailio[6473]: ERROR: <core> [db.c:443]: db_check_table_version(): invalid version 0 for table voip.we-rcs.flowcloud.systems found, expected 6 (check table structure and table "version")

Exploring this error leads me to a few questions:

1)      The 4.2.2 Ro_CCR() has the diameter domain as a parameter.  The addition of this function to my kamailio.cfg file causes ro_fixup() ->  domain_fixup() -> ul.register_domain which as per the log above, attempts to look for a table with the same name as the domain.  Is it expected that such a table exists, for standard Kamailio I thought all usrloc records simply go into the Location table , regardless of the domain.

2)      What is the purpose of the ro_fixup()

3)      I notice that the 4.3 module documentation for ims_charging module has 6 parameters for the function call while the example code given in the same section as only 5 (missing domain).  The code from the master branch for the function is different again  - not sure if 4.3 is still in quite a bit of flux or not for the ims_charging module?

4)      Should I be using 4.3 ims_charging module as a starting point or is 4.2.2 good enough i.e are there major changes?

At this stage I am going to create a table for the domain but would like some clarity on how the usrloc and domains relate to table names.

Kind regards
Shane

Shane Harrison
Senior Software Engineer