[SR-Users] Video Key-Frame Request using RTCP FIR or SIP INFO message

Gonzalo Gasca Meza gascagonzalo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 08:04:33 CET 2015

Hi Muhammad

Can you comment if initially endpoints are receiving what is necessary to
start sending Media at signaling level. For example: Successful ICE and
SRTP-SDES/DTLS negotiation.

I see two issues here:
a) Establish a successful call
b) Once call is established how to deal with packet loss. Check this paper:
http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/sv//pubs/archive/41611.pdf

>From your email: "Force WebRTC client (running on Chrome / Firefox) to
honor SIP INFO message and issue a key-frame in RTP video stream in
response to this SIP request?"

WebRTC in the browser depends on a upper transport layer in your case a SIP
stack. Example: sipml5, sip.js, etc. Hence you need to modify that part
there; so your signaling stack should interact with the Browser Media
Engine upon recieving SIP INFO.

Questions:
1. I would suggest to start a conversation in discuss-webrtc in Google
Groups.
       -Which SIP stack are you using on the WebRTC client side?
       -Can you upload logs from WebRTC client and SIP client.
(WebRTC/SIP/SIP stack)
       -Topology and browser version
       -Codec: VP8/H.264. This will help us to understand how media is
handled.

If you do a packet capture can you still see Browser sending Video to SIP
Client after those initial 5-7 seconds. (Check Webrtc logs/packet capture)

Some details about WebRTC handling packet loss.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/discuss-webrtc/0ZbxO05a9Zk

HTH

Thanks
-G