[SR-Users] Too many packets in rtpengine UDP receive queue

Mititelu Stefan fanx07 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 20:32:47 CET 2015

> 1.In fact I am not quite sure about what you mean for the first question.
> I am running the rtpengine daemon downloaded from github, sip
> wise/rtpengine.

   What does 'dpkg -l | grep rtp' show?

> 2.There is nothing prompt on command cat /proc/rtpengine/0/list. The file
> is 0 bytes and empty.

  That means your streams are not kernelized and all the traffic passes
through user space. I have never run rtpengine software on a virtual
machine so I don't know if it should kernelize the streams in this case;
you could try it. On real hardware, it should. Thus you should get rid of
those errors.
   Check point '1.' and make sure that you have the necessary packages
needed for kernelizing the streams referred in [1] (i.e.
ngcp-rtpengine-kernel-dkms, ngcp-rtpengine-iptables) along with the
rtpengine daemon (ngcp-rtpengine-daemon); those should be the minimum
packages needed. Grep the README for "in-kernel" keyword for more info.

> 3.Our kamailio is using loose route.

  I was asking about "strict source" form README [1]. Nothing related to
kamailio's 'lr=' parameter (if that is what you meant). However your
problem is at point 2.

Regards,
Stefan Mititelu

[1] https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine