[SR-Users] Using PSTN as "fallback"

Alexandru Covalschi 568691 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:41:37 CEST 2015

it depends on which PBX you use for media relay and which codes when no
user available does it return.
What I'd suggest is to check if call is coming not from PSTN (if it comes
from PSTN - it's for sure must be routed to PBX) and if TRUE, then first
send call to PBX and if answer is not 180/183 200 etc. (you can catch that
in a specific failure_route) route calls back to PSTN.

> I have Kamailio running and connected to a PSTN gateway.
>
> My subscribers are named ex. +442071234567 - same as their real GSM
> number from my PSTN gateway.
>
> I'm using the standard kamailio.cfg which ships with version 4.3.
>
> When I'm trying to dial SIP client to SIP client I would like to have
> Kamailio route the call internally if a subscriber exists with ex.
> +442071234567.
> If no subscriber exists with ex. +442071234567 it should send it to my
> PSTN gateway.
>
> As it is now it seems as if it are trying to both call "internally" and
> via the PSTN gateway.
>
> How should one fix this issue the best way?

Alexandru Covalschi
ABRISS-Solutions
VoIP engineer and system administrator
phone: +37367398493