[SR-Users] kamailio_fifo

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:43:18 CEST 2015

Hello,

some more details about this...

In the past Kamailio used /tmp/ folder to create control fifo/socket
files. But it was labeled as security issue by several entities out
there (including debian project), because anyone can access the /tmp/
folder.

The standard/recommended place is /var/run/kamailio/ and the latest
version was updated to use it in order to close with the security
reports -- like with other applications, this folder is created by the
init.d script (/etc/init.d/kamailio, but I think that script is not
updated automatically if exists). The init.d script is available on
source tree, look inside pkg/kamailio/:

-
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/pkg/kamailio/deb/debian/kamailio.init

If you run kamailio directly from command line, then you need to create
manually /var/run/kamailio

On 28/08/15 14:18, Asgaroth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across this issue yesterday, and it turned out that the
> /var/run/kamailio directory did not exist, once I created it, kamailio
> was able to create the fifo file.
>
> Hope that helps.
>

> On 28/08/2015 13:13, Sven Juhkam wrote:
>> After updating kamailio I get:
>> ERROR: Error opening Kamailio's FIFO /var/run/kamailio/kamailio_fifo
>> ERROR: Make sure you have the line 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
>> "/var/run/kamailio/kamailio_fifo")' in your config
>> ERROR: and also have loaded the mi_fifo module.
>> Any solution?
>> Best regards
>> Sven

Daniel-Constantin Mierla