[SR-Users] multiple proxies

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:46:25 CEST 2015

Are you looking for load balancing the traffic to media servers or the
traffic to kamailio proxies?

Traffic to media servers can be balanced with dispatcher module.

Traffic to kamailio server can be balanced with DNS SRV and using IP
address for record routing will ensure that requests to same dialog will
reach the same proxy.

An issue that you may encounter is when you do authentication, if the
challenged is generated by a proxy and next invite is sent to another
proxy. In kamailio you have the option to sync the nonces, look at the
parameters for auth module.

Few years ago I had a presentation at Kamailio Word about various load
balancing options, might be useful to have a look at it:

  -
http://www.kamailio.org/events/2013-KamailioWorld/23-Daniel-Constantin.Mierla-Load-Balancing-Load-Balancers.pdf

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla