[SR-Users] IPSec supporting open source SIP Server

Sun Aug 23 11:51:16 CEST 2015

Hi!

I think he refers to IMS where IPsec is used dynamically.
With the first REGISTER the client and the server exchange data which
can be used (together with the password) to calculate the IPsec security
associations. Then the client and the SIP server communicate with the OS
to setup the IPsec session. All following SIP requests will then be sent
via IPsec (automatically encrypted and decrypted by the OS if the IPsec
SAs match).

Further, Linux (unfortunately) does not use tunnel interfaces for IPsec
anymore.

regards
Klaus