[SR-Users] Presence and NAT

Pramod Venugopal pramod at dvnull.org
Fri Aug 21 18:47:16 CEST 2015

I realize this last email has no useful information, so let me elaborate.

I have a Kamailio server on AWS with an internal IP of 10.20.30.40 and it has an external elastic IP of 55.66.77.88.

When a SIP client subscribes it sends the initial subscription to user at realm (where realm resolves to 55.66.77.88) , then it gets a notify with a new address <sip:10.20.30.40:5060;transport=udp> . The client attempts to refresh the subscription, but we are now sending the subscribes to this new contact which will time out. 300 seconds later, we subscribe again to user at realm and contacts show up.

Other stuff like rtp, inbound/outbound calling all work properly.

Pramod Venugopal
pramod at dvnull.org