[SR-Users] Mitel 5000 and 3000

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Thu Aug 20 14:25:02 CEST 2015

On 08/20/2015 04:10 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> By "they try to speak directly with the media server vs the sip server"
> -- do you mean they ignore Record-Route headers added by the sip server?
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Yes, that would be a much better way of expressing the issue.

Without topology hiding, the Mitel will ignore Record-Route headers. If
using topology hiding, they will send an in-dialog invite to the sdp c=
address...

Can hack around it by using both topology hiding and rtpproxy but would
rather see if I could get the Mitel to behave in a more respectful manner.

I've also thrown in either FreeSWITCH or Asterisk as a media server for
those end-points to just "handle" it; which may end up being a decent
solution for the trouble-making end-points.

--fred