[SR-Users] dispatcher gateway probing in 4.3

Waite, Hugh hugh.waite at acision.com
Thu Aug 20 10:38:07 CEST 2015

Hello,
This is something I have been thinking about recently as well.

The current implementation can read flags from the DB (or file etc) but the probing flag is only a status and is cleared/set depending on the probing_mode, so the value stored in the DB is basically ignored after the first probe.
I was going to suggest a new mode, e.g. "probe_if_set" which allows each destination to indicate whether it wishes to probe.
Then you can have a set of entries which are all active but do not probe, another set which probe all the time and another set that only probe when they are inactive. Entries could still be administratively disabled to take them out of service.

Does this sound like what you need Joseph?

Regards,
Hugh