[SR-Users] Change ports for outgoing RTP packets in RTPproxy

Jean-Marie Baran jean-marie.baran at ama.bzh
Wed Aug 19 16:29:21 CEST 2015

On 19/08/2015 16:02, SamyGo wrote:

> For example UA sent and INVITE/SDP saying I'm listening on port 54321
> ; you modify it to 12345 in kamailio and then call manage_rtpproxy()
> function. After 200OK RTPproxy will try to send RTPs to 12345 port but
> nothing may be possibly there ?!

Yes, that is exactly what I want. The fact is that I am dealing with a
SIP server which has an odd behaviour that I cannot change. There is a
router between this server and mine. But this router is actually
listening on a single port, even so the SIP server behind wants to be
contacted on two RTP ports:

Client: "I want ports 23404 and 25300" -----> SIP server: "Fine, I relay
23404 and 25300" -----> Router: "I don't care, it will be 12345 and
nothing else" -----> (Internet) -----> Kamailio: "Okay, he wants ports
23404 and 25300"

But it seems that if I send the packets to the router port (12345 in my
example):
1 - they will be correctly forwarded to the SIP server
2 - the SIP server is somehow capable of relaying to the client's
correct ports

I think that this behaviour can be assimilated to a dysfunction, but I
have no grasp on it − this is the reason of this workaround −
Hence my question: is it possible to "modify it to 12345 in kamailio and
then call manage_rtpproxy() function", as you said ?

Thanks !

On a side note, "Jean-Marie" is my first-name, and "Jean" is… well an
incomplete part of my first-name. Yes, we have complicated names here in
France :)

--
*Jean-Marie Baran*