[SR-Users] Edge Proxy, how is it supposed to work?

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Fri Aug 14 17:42:27 CEST 2015

The documentation for outbound contains sample configs for edge proxy and
registrar configs:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/outbound.html

I tried to implement these but I don't see anything happen concerning the
outbound module. What is supposed to happen to make it work?

The main problem I have is that calls for the endpoints coming in from the
registrar fail to get past the loose_routing check and fail with a 500 in the
default case of the switch. the R-URI contains username/externalip/port from
the endpoint, there is 1 route header (containing the edgeproxy ip) but no
username/flow-token. So per
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/rr.html#loose-route-id
loose_routing returns false:
"If a Route: header is found, the function returns 1 and behaves as described
in section 16.12 of RFC 3261. There is only one exception: If the request is
out-of-dialog (no to-tag) and there is only one Route: header indicating the
local proxy, then the Route: header is removed and the function returns
FALSE."

How should the Path header look when registering? According to
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/path.html#idp3043008
there should be a flowtoken inserted, this is not the case. Just a plain

Can anybody confirm that the examples work?