[SR-Users] Problems investigating a crash in the siptrace module (4.3.1)

Sven Neuhaus neuhaus at tyntec.com
Thu Aug 13 11:57:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

we're experiencing crashes in the siptrace.so module with Kamailio
4.3.1. I looked at the core dump with gdb but it complained about
missing debugging symbols so all I could see was that it called
do_action() before branching into an unknown function in the siptrace
module.

I then installed the kamailio-dbg package to get the debugging symbols.
This had the weird effect that get the error "Cannot access memory at
..." in GDB and no longer see *any* function names (previously only the
names in the siptrace module were missing.

Any idea whats going on?

# gdb /usr/sbin/kamailio core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/kamailio...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/e7/8dc57031d294f320b360d8f2f875a005db757e.debug...done.
done.
[New LWP 31426]
Cannot access memory at address 0x3840f881f9c13908
Cannot access memory at address 0x3840f881f9c13900
(gdb) list
1771	main.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) info threads
  Id   Target Id         Frame
* 1    LWP 31426         0x00007fbc89403f0f in ?? ()
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x00007fbc89403f0f in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x0800011000d46460 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#2  0xffffffff00000001 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x0000000000d63230 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x00000000d59d000a in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#5  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.

# dpkg -l kamailio\*

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                           Version              Architecture
     Description
+++-==============================-====================-====================-=================================================================
ii  kamailio                       4.3.1+wheezy         amd64
     very fast and configurable SIP proxy
un  kamailio-berkeley-modules      <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-carrierroute-modules  <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-cpl-modules           <none>
     (no description available)
ii  kamailio-dbg:amd64             4.3.1+wheezy         amd64
     very fast and configurable SIP proxy [debug symbols]
un  kamailio-ldap-modules          <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-lua-modules           <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-mysql-modules         <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-perl-modules          <none>
     (no description available)
ii  kamailio-postgres-modules:amd6 4.3.1+wheezy         amd64
     PostgreSQL database connectivity module for Kamailio
un  kamailio-presence-modules      <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-python-modules        <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-radius-modules        <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-snmpstats-modules     <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-tls-modules           <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-unixodbc-modules      <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-xml-modules           <none>
     (no description available)
un  kamailio-xmpp-modules          <none>
     (no description available)

Regards,
-Sven