[SR-Users] force_send_socket/$fs behaviour when binding to INADDR_ANY

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:10:32 CEST 2015

Hello,

inaddr any is special as a single socket receiving all traffic, but then
it has its own limitations when attempting to send.

Kamailio is building the list of sockets at startup and use that at
runtime, so it is not possible to have a new socket added at runtime.

However, depending on what exactly you do, there can be variants at
ip/network layer. Keep adding new sockets to an application can become
inefficient, not matter how it is done.

So, as alternative, for example in the case of clients connecting via
vpn tunnels, the best solution is to have kamailio listening on a single
IP, then have masquerading of the tunnels to this ip. In other words,
the clients will look at being behind nat from sip server point of view.
The route to the IP of the sip server is pushed by th vpn client when
connecting. The overall system has really low overhead, given that is
practically ip forwarding.

That was the example with vpn, if you have other scenario, maybe you can
give more details in order to see if there are other solutions.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla