[SR-Users] Kamailio w/ external routing server

Eric Babcock eric.babcock at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 19:08:05 CEST 2015

Hey Everyone, I've been banging my head against the desk for days trying to
get this working, and I'm sure it's something simple that I'm not doing, but
maybe someone else can add some input.

Here is the best way to describe my call flow.
Customer -> Kamailio -> Routing Server (302) -> Kamailio -> Vendors (from
the 302 header)

I have tried to configure dispatch, but that hasn't worked out for me.   My
routing server does the authentication, LRN lookup, and provides the vendor
routes in the sip header.   So when I pass the call to the routing server,
it has to contain the customer information.  This setup has to be stateful
so I can write CDRs for billing to MySQL.

The reason I tried using dispatch, is because I have multiple routing
servers I would like to load balance across or even failover if one goes
down.

Can anyone help me out, or at least help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
-Eric