[SR-Users] rtpengine disabling offers of rtcp

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Tue Aug 4 18:02:53 CEST 2015

Maybe a bit offtopic, but I can't find a rtpengine mailinglist and know the
Sipwise guys are reading this list.

Since upgrading to 4.2.x and rtpengine instead of rtpproxy I'm seeing problems
with calls being terminated by upstream provider after a bit more than 5m. The
INVITE process looks okay, the only difference with before as far as I can see
is the rtcp attribute in the SDP body.

According to
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/rtpengine.html#rtpengine.f.rtpengine_offer
and https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine
rtcp offering can be disabled. But neither rtcp-mux-demux nor rtcp-mux-accept
have any impact on the adding of the a=rtcp:port attribute in SDP.

rtpengine_manage("trust-address replace-origin replace-session-connection
rtcp-mux-accept ICE=remove");
or
rtpengine_manage("trust-address replace-origin replace-session-connection
rtcp-mux-demux ICE=remove");

have no effect op the INVITE to the upstream.

kamailio: 4.2.5
rtpengine: 4.1.0.0+0~mr4.1.0.0