[SR-Users] SIP INVITE and To Header

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Apr 30 15:25:14 CEST 2015

On 4/30/15 7:35 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 04/30/2015 07:31 AM, Andres wrote:
>
>> I am inclined to believe this is perfectly normal and compliant but let
>> me know what you think.
>
> Yep, it's normal. Moreover, only the RURI value should be used for
> routing purposes or for anything else that's consequential in relation
> to the destination; the "To" header has purely cosmetic meaning, as a
> statement about the logical intended destination.
Wait a minute...so if the To header is mainly 'cosmetic', how are we to
differentiate incoming calls for 400 DIDs if the uri is always the same
(the username of the trunk), but the To header has the actual DID
number?   I was under the impression that sure, the uri is responsible
for routing across the network, but once it reaches the final
destination hop (ie the PBX), the To header would kick in to actually
know where to send the call.

Thanks,

--
Technical Support