[SR-Users] UAC Module

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 06:18:24 CEST 2015

Hi Jibran,

Here is an old thread as reference:

http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2013-August/079336.html

I wouldn't want to do the whole handshake of INVITE,PROXY-AUTH,INVITE with
username/password on a Provider for huge number of calls..imagine sending
thousands of call to that provider and for each call going through the
trouble of exchanging authentication.
Thats why its usually recommended to go with IP-Authentication only. Send
INVITE and Provider says Lets do this call,simple and easy.

>From the configuration perspective this is my idea of still using UAC.

- Call coming from FS on kamailio
- Rewrite the from-uri  (so the provider receives calls from the registered
username)
- modify the to-domain part to contain the IP address of the provider
- set the $du to ip of the provider, and t_relay() the call.
- Most likely the Provider would say Proxy-Auth required..that can be
caught in failure_route[]
- There you can call the uac_auth() function to have username.password
attached to the response of above.
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.3.x/modules/uac.html#uac.f.uac_auth()
- once this function is successful send the INVITE again to the provider.

Last three steps can be the following snippet of code(reference from here
<http://opensips.org/pipermail/users/2010-August/013947.html>):

failure_route[2] {
     if (t_check_status("40[17]")) {
	xlog("got challenged \n");
     	if (uac_auth()) {
	    xlog("auth was succesful \n");
            t_relay("udp:ip_addr:5060"); //provider's IP_ADDR
	}
}

I hope you get IP Auth from the provider, and find the reply useful.

Regards,