[SR-Users] Kamailio and rtpengine - client behind NAT

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Apr 23 10:12:47 CEST 2015

On Thursday 23 April 2015 01:40:17 Martin Schiøtz wrote:
> I thought that "fix_nated_sdp("2")" would do the job before
> "rtpengine_offer("asymmetric")" but it dosen't have any effect?

My understanding of the docs is that the asymmetric flag introduces the
problem you are experiencing:
asymmetric - flags that UA from which message is received doesn't support
symmetric RTP. Disables learning of endpoint addresses in the Sipwise
rtpengine proxy.

Getting rtp_engine to work with the standard kamailio.cfg is to simply add
rtpengine_manage();
at the top of the NATMANAGE route so it will handle all rtp regardless of
source being natted (in your config in the NAT router.

--

Telefoon: 088 0100 700
Sales: sales at pocos.nl | Service: servicedesk at pocos.nl
http://www.pocos.nl/ | Croy 9c, 5653 LC Eindhoven | Kamer van Koophandel