[SR-Users] Expect the kamailio's sip account is unregistered state when the client app is shutdown

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:43:04 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 21/04/15 07:07, Mickael Marrache wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IIR means If I Remember.
indeed, thanks for completing -- it was a result of incomplete typing as
I wanted to use IIRC (if i remember correctly), which is more standard
acronym out there.

Xuefeng: sending keepalives is done via nathelper module, by seeting
sipping branch flag when processing REGISTER requests - see:

-
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/nathelper.html#nathelper.p.sipping_bflag

For a proper example of usage, see the default kamailio.cfg for v4.2 -
it has this feature inside, easy to enable with defines:

#!define WITH_NAT
#!define WITH_NATSIPPING

Add those lines somewhere at the beginning of kamailio.cfg -- also, read
the comments at the top of the kamailio.cfg, some notes about this are
made there.

> Are you also using keepalives sent by clients? I often read that NATs
> don't refresh their mapping on incoming traffic, you may want to take
> a look at client keepalives.
>
> Mickael
>
> On 21 באפר 2015, at 07:38, xuefeng zhang <zhangxuefeng1007 at gmail.com
> <mailto:zhangxuefeng1007 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> I understand your reply.The kamailio can set the "IIR" to send the
>> OPTIONS packets period.
>> But I don't found out the knowledge of the "IIR".
>>
>> Would you give me some things how to do it.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Xuefeng Zhang

>> <miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>>:
>>
>>     IIR, the keepalives are sent stateless, so no transactions are create
>>     for them. Just OPTIONS packets sent out, resulting in less load on
>>     kamailio (well, comparing with normal transactional forwarding). The
>>     mechanism behind detecting offline users with keepalives is based
>>     on a
>>     counter kept in memory for the location record, which is reset if the
>>     reply to OPTIONS comes back. If there are three (or so)
>>     keepalives sent
>>     out and none was replied, then the record is removed. Practically
>>     there
>>     is no retransmission for those keepalive requests, no special states,
>>     just this counter in memory per location record. Given this, (again
>>     iirc), this feature doesn't work with db_mode set to database only.
>>
>>     Cheers,
>>     Daniel
>>
>>     On 20/04/15 10:46, Mickael Marrache wrote:
>>     > Didn't know about that, it's interesting.
>>     >
>>     > I'm curious about the load impact of this feature, since
>>     keepalives are
>>     > generally sent every 30 sec.
>>     >

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015