[SR-Users] Expect the kamailio's sip account is unregistered state when the client app is shutdown

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:10:53 CEST 2015

IIR, the keepalives are sent stateless, so no transactions are create
for them. Just OPTIONS packets sent out, resulting in less load on
kamailio (well, comparing with normal transactional forwarding). The
mechanism behind detecting offline users with keepalives is based on a
counter kept in memory for the location record, which is reset if the
reply to OPTIONS comes back. If there are three (or so) keepalives sent
out and none was replied, then the record is removed. Practically there
is no retransmission for those keepalive requests, no special states,
just this counter in memory per location record. Given this, (again
iirc), this feature doesn't work with db_mode set to database only.