[SR-Users] No CDR is written when dialog timeouts

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 16:58:54 CEST 2015

Looks like the topic diverged in side discussion, irrelevant to the issue.

The report was related to the fact that the dialog+acc is not recording
the CDRs when sending the BYE on timeout. That is obviously an issue
because there is dedicated functionality for this case. I am not the
original developer of the feature, but it appears that it covered the
case when dialog was not configured to send the BYE on timeout, just
silenty discard the associated structure. So this has to be fixed. It is
no relation with what proxy can do or not, sending BYE at the end of the
dialog is not breaking anything in the existing dialog, it just
terminates it on both sides.

On 15/04/15 16:45, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Hook, route, whatever you want to call it. The bottom line is that you
> cannot rely on the proxy's dialog layer, already a tenuous concept
> inasmuch as it's implemented strictly on top of transaction state
> specifically and derived solely from SIP signalling generally, to
> expose to you all conceivable outcomes, including outcomes that do not
> conform to a standard transition of dialog states.
>
> The dialog module is just a tool. It cannot replace the fundamentals.

> 303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
> Atlanta, GA 30346
> United States
>
> Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015