[SR-Users] Differentiating between regular hangup and dialog timeout

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 14:19:45 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 15/04/15 14:02, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm looking for a way to differentiate between regular hangup and
> dialog timeout.
>

> In both case, the dialog:end event is called. Do you know which
> information can I use in the event route to differentiate between the
> two cases?

no embedded mechanism comes in my mind now. For the future, maybe we can
set a specific flag in one of the internal flags fields (dflags seems
appropriate, not being persistent and already exposed via $dlg() variable).

For now the solution would be to set and avp when you receive a BYE,
before calling dlg_manage() or loose_route(). In event route that avp
should be present if the dialog is terminated is due to a BYE on the
wire and not present if it is internal timeout.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015