[SR-Users] Fritzbox issues kamailio 4.0.7 regarding stale nonce?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:50:01 CEST 2015

On 07/04/15 13:14, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 April 2015 12:29:16 Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Did this happen only after upgrading to kamailio 4.0.7? I don't remember
>> any recent changes in dealing with stale nonce, therefore should be same
>> code for 4.0.1 and 4.0.7.
> Yes, downgrading fixed this behavior.

Hmm, not recalling any change in this part of auth modules. Have you
spotted any change in git history?

The new nonce should be used if there is a new 401.

>> Do you have enabled one time nonce feature?
> No, I'm using all defaults, with auth_db:
>
> if(!www_authenticate("$td", "subscriber"))
> {
>    www_challenge("$td", "1");
> }
>
> The goal is to upgrade to latest 4.2.x, but as intermediate I did a quick
> upgrade from Debian/oldstable to Debian/stable with latest 4.0.x.
>
> I'll try to test these devices against 4.2.x. But firmware updates (apparantly
> not available to our internation versions) for these devices contain following
> fix: http://avm.de/service/downloads/download/show/16020/
>
> Telefonie:
> Behoben - keine Registrierung von SIPGate Trunking
>
> I have no idea if kamailio is being used in this setup.

Yes, sipgate is using kamailio (iirc, the architecture was presented at
Kamailio World Conference 2014).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015