[SR-Users] SIP Authentication Best Practices

Grant Bagdasarian gb at cm.nl
Wed Apr 1 13:35:14 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm implementing basic authentication using the auth and auth_db module, and I was wondering which domain to use when calling the auth_check function?
Should I use the From domain or the To domain? Or both?

The default configuration file deployed with kamailio uses $fd, but a code sample in the htable module page uses $td (dictionary attack sample).

Aren't both the From and To header spoofable and not really used in SIP message routing?