[SR-Users] Kamailio with Jitsi - Presence trouble

Gaurav Kumar gk82 at in.com
Tue Sep 30 14:10:25 CEST 2014

Hi,I ran the code on my server (as Daniel suggested) and then tried to send message from one user to other but no traffic was detected.ngrep d any qt W byline "sip" port 5060interface: anyfilter: (ip or ip6) and ( port 5060 )match: sipAlso, after I tried to install the PRESENCE module and having restarted the systems today, I noticed that the response that I am getting on Jitsi is "403 Not Relaying" and not "403 Not Allowed". I am not sure what caused the change.I hope someone can help me figure it out.Cheers!Gaurav Original message From:"DanielConstantin Mierla"< miconda at gmail.com >Date: 30 Sep 14 16:19:30Subject: Re: [SRUsers] Kamailio with Jitsi  Presence troubleTo: ; "Kamailio (SER)  Users Mailing List"Hello,you should grab the SIP traffic on kamailio server and send it to the mailing list. In this way we can spot why you get the 403 Not Allowed. You can use:ngrep d any qt W byline "sip" port 5060Cheers, DanielOn 30/09/14 08:50, Gaurav Kumar wrote:Hello all!I tried sendin
 g this earlier too but since I was not subscribed tothe mailing list, it bounced back.I am trying to setup a secure videoconferencing setup for mysmall office. After a lot of convincing, my bosses have allowed meto create a setup and have given me a live IP. I have used it on aUbuntu 12.04 setup and want to setup a SIP server for very fewusers (less than 10, at most) to use it through Jitsi. I am tryingto follow the tutorials available at: http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:skypelikeserviceinlessthanonehour&https://www.johncahill.net/wiki/index.php/SkypelikeconferencingSystemI am able to log into Jitsi on independent machines, both behindand without a firewall. But the trouble I am facing is that theusers do not appear online to each other. If I try to send a textmessage nonetheless, I get the "403 Not allowed" error.At first, I tried the config file for Kamailio provided on thefirst link. It had some problems due to it being an old versionand the config file on the 2nd link help
 ed me out. I suspect thereis some problem with the PRESENCE module but I do not know whatsince it does not give any error whatsoever. I added the "#!defineWITHPRESENCE" line and installed the Presence module but to noavail. My current kamailio.cfg file can be seen at: http://pastebin.com/bZJxVLfL(I have hidden my live IP in the text).My current /etc/kamailio/kamctlrc file can be seen at: http://pastebin.com/tV7Z9E8eI can upload the logs/other file content as needed. I am a n00bfor Kamailio so you will have to be patient with me.Please help me out here. I have been after it for almost a weeknow. Cheers!GauravDear srusers! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now! SIP Express Router (SER) and Kamailio (OpenSER)  srusers mailing list srusers at lists.siprouter.org http://lists.siprouter.org/cgibin/mailman/listinfo/srusersDanielConstantin Mierla http://twitter.com/#!/miconda  http://www.linkedin.com/in/micondaGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!