[SR-Users] rtpproxy & extra_id_pv

Marino Mileti marino.mileti at alice.it
Mon Sep 29 20:08:05 CEST 2014

But with from-tag and To-tag it's possible to instruct rtpengine to generate
new couple of ports for each branch of a call? In the source code of
rtpengine it seems that it check only the callid parameter

> Hi guys,
> I've seen that setting the parameter extra_id_pv, every branch
> should be a different callid..
> How can i set this parameter? I've tried with :
> modparam("rtpproxy", "extra_id_pv", "$avp(extra_id)")
>
> but in the INVITE message the callid is still the same for all
> branches. Any suggest?

>> Did you assign a value to $avp(extra) in the script, before calling
>> any of the rtpproxy functions?

>> Did you use the 'b' parameter in the call to rtpproxy_*() functions?
>> --
>> Alex Hermann

> Yes, i've assigned a value in the script, just to try I've assigned
> $rU and on the log of rtpengine I can see the value of "via-branch"
> valorized correctly. I've also used the 'd' parameter in rtpproxy_manage()
function.

> I've also checked on the source code of rtpengine and the part
> regarding the "parse & get" of via-branch value is commented...I'm
> using the master branch of rtpengine.
>
> This is the piece of code of call_interfaces.c where the via-branch
> parameter is commented:
> //bencode_dictionary_get_str(input, "via-branch", &viabranch);

>The via-branch is currently unused in rtpengine, even though it does appear
in the control messages. From-tag and to->tag are sufficient to identify a
unique dialogue within a call.